City: Iquitos, Jungle // Activities: Trekking, boat tour, bird watching, fishing //
Pack your suitcase and make sure to bring your sunscreen, your sunglasses, and your camera batteries fully charged, because with this jungle tour in the Amazon rainforest the adventure is guaranteed. You'll have four days to discover all the secrets of the Peruvian jungle. At the same time, you will learn more about its biodiversity including the different methods that help its preservation, and of course, you will taste the different regional flavours that Iquitos offer. Are you ready to discover the Peruvian jungle?
During the tour, you will be able to observe the convergence of the brown turbid waters of the Amazon River with the dark waters of the Nanay River. After touring for some minutes, you will do a short stop at the monkey island, where endangered monkey species of the Peruvian Amazonia are protected and preserved. You can contemplate the different monkey species, which live completely free within this reserve.
Afterwards, you will continue the boat ride for around 1 hour. When you get to the lodge, you will be welcomed with a local fruit juice. Then, you will check-in and move into your respective room. Right after, you will go to the lodge restaurant, so that you can enjoy your first dish in the Peruvian jungle.
In the afternoon, you will start your first tour through the Yanamono Reserve accompanied by professional guides for about 2 hours. There, you will be taught how to identify different flora species like Heliconia flowers, medicinal plants, and giant trees. During this tour, you can also observe different bird species and if you are lucky, you can observe some little monkey families.
You will get back to the lodge to rest for a while before witnessing the stunning sunset in the Amazon rainforest. At night, in particular with the seasonal high water level of the river, you will enjoy a magical boat tour through one of the tributaries of the Amazon River. You will tour without any illumination, just accompanied by some flora and fauna glints from the jungle. If the sky is cloudless, you will contemplate the splendid shine of the moon, as well as the stars and constellations. When you get back to the lodge, you will have dinner and rest in order to recover for the next day.
In the evening, you will walk through the jungle within the perimeters of the lodge and witness the charming transformation of the jungle to a nocturnal environment. While adapting to the dark environment of the jungle, you will appreciate how nature adopts a different character and you can observe the different habits of the nocturnal animals of the jungle. It is the best time to appreciate frogs, timid snakes and other creatures that only move during the night. You will be able to differentiate a completely different range of fauna from what is usually found during the day, listening to the magical sounds of insects, birds, cats and owls. After 30 minutes of travel, you will return to the lodge to enjoy dinner and rest pleasantly.
Afterwards, you will return to the lodge for the farewell lunch, check out and then head to Iquitos. The transport to the airport will be scheduled according to your return flight (please book flights for later than 5:30 pm).
- 3 nights of single or double room accommodation in the Heliconia Amazon River Lodge hotel, with full board (3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners)
- Visit to the monkey island
- Jungle tour & jungle tour at night on a boat
- Observation of pink dolphins & Victoria Regia
- Bird watching tour
- Artisanal fishing tour
- Visit of an artisanal Trapiche
- Visit of a native community
- Beverages (soft-drinks, juices, sodas and/or liquors; tea and coffee is included)
- Airplane tickets Lima - Iquitos - Lima
- Airport taxes in Lima and Iquitos
- Tips to porters at airport and/or staff
- 4 days & 3 nights
- Check in: 13:00 pm, Check out: 12:00 pm
- Book your plane ticket with Latam, many of the other airlines often have delays.
- Plastic coat or poncho to the rain (waterproof)
- Lanterns, rechargeable batteries and binoculars
- Insect repellent, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Light cotton clothing, half and long-sleeved pants and cotton shirts (preferably in earth colours, quick-dry material; please avoid using white coloured clothes)
- Moisture resistant sneakers and/or rubber boats (you will be given at the lodge)
- Swimsuit (indispensable)
- Windproof jacket (sometimes the temperature drops considerably when it rains or during boat travels)
- Passenger luggage is limited to 10 kg p. person. You can store some of your luggage in Iquitos in order to take only the most essential things.
NOTE: When visiting Monkey Island, it is recommended not to put on any insect repellent during the visit.
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 3 days before
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel 15 days before arriving, there won't be a cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 14 and 5 days before arriving, you will receive a refund of 60%.
- If you cancel less than 5 days before arriving, there will not be any refunds.
- You will be awaited at the airport counter number 5 in the baggage claim area.
- The program can vary depending on the arrivals and departures of the flights as well as on the weather conditions.
- For your trip to Iquitos book you flights in the morning and for your return to Lima in the afternoon.
- Transfers from Iquitos to Heliconia in the morning 10:00 am (subject to change due to flight schedules)
- Transfers from Heliconia to Iquitos 2:00 pm (subject to change due to flight schedules)
- It is recommended to organise a backpack/ small suitcase with all the necessary belongings for your time in the Amazon in advance. The rest of your luggage will be kept safe during your stay in the lodge.