City: Colca (Arequipa), Mountains // Activities: Trekking, swim in thermal baths, bird watching //
In this Colca canyon tour you will explore the village of Chivay, located in the department of Arequipa and considered an excellent place to go trekking. This place has an eighteenth-century church known as "Nuestra Señora de la Asunción" and also an impressive bridge of Inca origin that you will not want to leave out on your itinerary. Another tourist attraction worth seeing is the thermal baths which are composed of five pools. All this you will find in the Colca Valley, located three hours north of the city of Arequipa, where you will have an unforgettable tour full of beautiful landscapes and a variety of fauna such as vicunas and llamas. In case you want to add some adrenaline to your itinerary while getting stunning views of the canyon, you might consider adding zipline to this tour.
DAY 1: CHIVAY + VISIT OF TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
At 7:30 am, you will be picked up from your hotel and you will head towards the town of Chivay, making stops on the north route in Pampa Cañahuas and in Tocrapampa where you will fin the Andes viewpoint at 4830 m. Once you have arrived at the town of Chivay, you will have lunch and then visit the thermal baths later on. In case you want to do zipline instead of going to the thermal baths, please choose the corresponding option above. At night before going to bed, you will have dinner and an optional show with traditional dances.
DAY 2: CONDOR VIEWPOINT + VISIT OF TRADITIONAL VILLAGES
At 5:30 am, you will have breakfast and at 6:00 am you will head towards the Condor’s Cross viewpoint from where you will have a spectacular view of condors flying around and of the depth of the Colca Canyon. Here, you will have approximately 2 hours to discover the surroundings. On the return to Arequipa, you will stop at the traditional villages of Pinchollo, Maca, Yanque, and the viewpoints already mentioned above.
- Official bilingual tourist guide
- Pick-up from the hotel
- Tourist transport
- Accommodation in the Quñi Wasi Hostal
- Lunch and dinner
- Entry to Colca (S/ 20 per person for Peruvians, S/ 70 per person for foreigners)
- Entry to thermal baths (S/ 15 per person)
- 40 soles (both ways) for the taxi to enjoy the Zipline experience while the others go to the thermal baths (the guide will help you organize a taxi for both ways).
- Every day from 7:30 am to 7:45 pm
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Hiking shoes
- Light and warm clothing, swimsuit, hat, and towel
- Be informed about altitude sickness
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum age if you travel alone: 18 years
Terms of Cancellation:
- Cancellations and refunds of 100% are valid as long as they are 5 days in advance
- Cancellations and refunds of 40% are valid as long as they are 3 days in advance
- Postponements possible 2 days in advance
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from hotel (if your hotel is in the city center) or from the cathedral at the Plaza de Armas
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas