City: Colca (Arequipa), Mountains // Activities: Trekking, swim in thermal baths, bird watching //
The Colca Canyon is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Arequipa and all of Peru. If you like trekking, this tour is for you! You will perform a two-day trekking tour deep down in the Colca Canyon, located in the department of Arequipa. In its descent, you will enjoy the fantastic natural viewpoints with beautiful landscapes. Arriving at the bungalows, you will enjoy the thermal pool where you can relax or have some fun to make this tour a great memory. A very popular option is to combine this tour with a zipline experience in the Colca Canyon, this allows you to add some extra adrenaline while getting stunning views of the canyon.
DAY 1: CONDOR VIEWPOINT + COLCA CANYON TREKKING
Arequipa - Chivay - Condor Cross - San Juan Oasis Sangalle
03:00 am: Pick up from your hotel in the city of Arequipa or in the operator's office. Departure to the Colca Canyon in a direct journey to Chivay where breakfast will be served. Then, you will depart to the Condor’s Cross to observe the majestic condors’ flight and then to the district of Cabanaconde, where you will rest. At 10:00 am, the walk will start in a direction to Colca Canyon’s depth for around 3 hours approx. On the way down, you will descend a steady path with zigzag curves. Finally, you will arrive at this beautiful place, which is a little paradise known as San Juan de Chuccho. Once you arrive, lunch will be served and then the trek will be continued three more hours inside the canyon, visiting villages like Coshñirhua Malata. Arrival to the Sangalle oasis with the afternoon free to enjoy swimming pools, rivers and lots of nature. You end this day with a dinner by the campfire and an overnight stay in bungalows of rustic material.
DAY 2: TREKKING TO CABANACONDE + VIEWPOINTS + THERMAL BATHS
Oasis - Cabanaconde - Chivay - Arequipa
Hiking starts at 5:00 am to the town of Cabanaconde, this walk takes 3 hours approx. (ascent). In addition, breakfast will be served and upon arrival, you will start the return to Chivay. On the way, towns such as Pinchollo, Maca, and touristic viewpoints will be visited. Then you will be able to enjoy the thermal baths which are pools of 30 to 35 degrees for about 40 minutes. Apart from that, lunch will be served in the city of Chivay and you will return to the city of Arequipa, approx. at 5:30 pm.
- Official bilingual guide during the tour
- For 1 person
- Shared tourist transportation
- A bungalow inside the canyon
- 1 night in Hosta l Sonqokilla (in Bungalows with shared bathroom and bedroom/ or private bed- and bathroom)
- 2 Breakfasts
- 1 Lunch
- 1 Dinner
- Last lunch at Chivay (Last day)
- Entry to Colca (BTC) (S/.20 Peruvians, S/.70 foreigners)
- Entry to the thermal baths (S/. 15.00, optional)
- 2 days and 1 night
- You are fit to manage hikes of 6+ hours in the mountains (otherwise you'll suffer the altitude and the difficulty of this hike)
- Water and snacks
- 25 or 30 liter backpack
- Bug repellent
- Swimsuit and towel
Terms of Reservation:
- For the shared accommodation please make the booking minimum 1 day before
- For the private accommodation please make the booking minimum 2 days before
- Minimum age if you travel alone: 18 years
Terms of Cancellation:
- Cancellations and refunds of 100% are valid as long as they are 5 days in advance
- Cancellations and refunds of 50% are valid as long as they are 3 days in advance
- Postponements possible 2 days in advance
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.