City: Lima, Coast // Activities: Sandboarding, Off-road jeep tour in the dunes of Lima//
Why you'll love this experience:
Forget about large tourist groups, there won't be other tourists around!
Exclusive - nobody offers this tour as we do!
You learn from the best - your instructor is a Peruvian Sandboarding champion!
You can board down the dunes standing or sitting!
Sandboarding in Peru is a very special and adrenaline-rich adventure sport. With this half-day tour, you will enjoy sandboarding in Lima and a tour in a professional off-road jeep through its dunes.
The most popular option to do sandboarding in Peru is Huacachina, but as it is rather far from Lima this is the perfect alternative. Also, instead of being surrounded by large tourist groups you will feel like you own the entire desert as there is nobody around you.
Fasten your seatbelt as you enter the dunes because driving through them feels like a rollercoaster ride. With professional equipment (compared to cheap wooden board from Huacachina) and a sandboarding pro, you will learn how to board step by step: first on small dunes, then on big ones.
You can stand, lay down or slide, whatever you prefer. On the way back to Lima, there will be a brief stop in San Bartolo to enjoy the beautiful beaches and the sea for a while.
|This Experience||In Ica|
|Distance from Lima||40 minutes (without traffic, with heavy traffic it can take between 1-2 hours more)||3-4 hours (without traffic, with heavy traffic it can take 1-2 hours more)|
|Vehicle for Dunes||Jeep 4x4||Buggy|
|Times of Sandboarding||6-9x||2-3x|
|Place||Probably just you||With various groups|
After you have been picked up in Lima, you will drive south until reaching Chilca. As it is an adventure activity and there are certain risks to consider, you will receive a disclaimer to read and sign.
The first stop will be at a rustic bakery where you can buy delicious bread prepared freshly in a stone oven (optional but highly recommended). Afterwards, you will enter the desert and the dune expedition in an off-road jeep will start.
After you have gotten to know the dunes a bit, you will stop to do sandboarding. The professional sandboarding instructor will teach you some basics on a small dune. Once you are ready, you will sandboard on some larger dunes.
On the way back, you will stop in San Bartolo to get to know Lima's beaches and its sea (optional). In Lima, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Off-road tour with Toyota Landcruiser, Fortune or Hilux
- Sandboarding equipment and helmets
- Transport from Hotel Lima - Chilca - Hotel Lima (more details below)
- Optional beach visit after the sandboarding tour or one more time of Sandboarding
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages on the tour
- Professional, bilingual driver and professional sandboarding instructor
- Lunch or dinner
- 2 daily departures from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm or from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Use sunscreen
- Bring your sunglasses and your camera for the sandboarding tour
- Bring a bottle of water and some cash to buy fresh bread during the first stop you'll make on the way to Chilca (optional)
- If you want to go swimming in the ocean afterwards, please bring a towel and a swimsuit
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3PSB" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Minimum 2 people
- At least 24 hours before
- Minimum age: 6 years old
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancellation:
- No refunds 24 hours before the date of service.
- 40% will be refunded 48 hours before the start of the tour.
- 100% will be refunded 72 or more hours before the start of the tour.
- The sandboarding tour can be rescheduled up to 48 hours before the start of the tour.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup and drop-off from hotel in Miraflores or San Isidro included
- Pickup from center of Lima, Breña, Jesus Maria, Lince and San Miguel is $10 ($20 for both ways)
- Pickup from Surco, La Molina and Ate is $15 ($30 for both ways)
- Pickup from the airport is $20 ($40 for both ways) and has to be paid in cash to the driver in cash on the same day.