City: Cusco (Palccoyo), Mountains // Activities: Trekking tour //
Be one of the first travelers to visit the rainbow mountains without a multiple hour hike, tons of people or altitude problems. Please read our blog post about the alternative rainbow mountain tour for more info.
Why you'll love this experience:
Hike only for 45 minutes instead of 3 hours as on the Vinicunca Trek.
Small (up to 8) instead of a large impersonalized group to keep your experience with your guide special.
Enjoy the rainbow mountains far away from the mass tourism.
Passionate and experienced guides that are happy to share incredible stories with you.
The Rainbow Mountain in Peru has received a lot of attention lately and it is definitely one of the top places to visit in Cusco. When you are in the city of the Incas, you have to do this short trekking tour and get to know these postcard-like mountains and its unique landscape. The Rainbow Mountains in Peru will astonish you immediately because of their variety of colors due to the existing minerals in the soil. This is not the typical trekking tour to the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain where you will be with hundreds of other tourists fighting to get the best photo with no people on it. This is the alternative trek that is not well-known yet! In comparison to the Vinicunca trek, you will not only see "one" Rainbow Mountain but numerous. Also, you will not be complaining about the 3-hour hike as you only hike about 45 minutes to 1 hour and you will already be rewarded with beautiful views. Most importantly, it is very likely that you will not see a large number of other people meaning you can enjoy the Rainbow Mountains and the red valley almost for yourselves with your tour guide Roger. For all the adventure lovers: this day trip to the Rainbow Mountains is one of the best ones in Cusco, if not in all of Peru! If you want to see what other travellers said about the tour you can check out the review video of the alternative rainbow mountain.
Difficulty of trek: easy - medium
Video sample of the Alternative Rainbow Mountain Trekking Tour
- Private transport from and to your hotel in Cusco
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking indigenous guide(s)
- Small snack having arrived at the summit (Coca- or Muña tea and fresh bread)
- Breakfast (quinoa drink, tea, coffee, bread, omelets, pancakes)
- First aid kit
- Communication radios
- Entrance (S/. 5 for Peruvians, S/. 10 for foreigners)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco
- 5:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Backpack and warm clothes
- Camera and binoculars
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- Extra money
Terms of Reservation:
- At least one day in advance
- Minimum 2 people in order to reserve this tour.
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
- The operator is not liable in case of delayed flights, inconvenience with train schedules, or bad weather, such as rains, snowfall, landslides, etc.
- The price for children under 9 years old is $81 (please contact us in case you want to do the tour with your children.
Exploor's Exclusive tours combine unique experiences with great deals and are not available on other 3rd-party online seller websites.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local guide.
ROGER, ROLANDO & BERNABÉ
"With all the experience gathered, I can confidently say that I will make sure you have a great time discovering Cusco with me, a truly local guide!"