City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking tour // Total hiking time: Vinicunca: 1.5 - 2 h; Red Valley: 2.5 - 3 h
This tour leads to one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, the beautiful
If you're looking for an alternative that is not that difficult and where you only hike for less than 1 hour, you should check out the alternative rainbow mountain trek.
3:00-3:30 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:10 am: Breakfast in a local restaurant
6:40 am: Arrival at parking lot + Briefing
9:10 am: Arrival on the top of the rainbow mountain and a break with coca tea and local snacks
10:00 am: Hiking through the red valley + seeing alpacas
12:00 pm: Pickup by car
12:30 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private tour with professional local guide fluent in English and Spanish
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Tour through the red valley
- Breakfast and lunch in a restaurant
- Artisanal chocolate snacks
- Trekking poles
- Communication radios
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain Vinicunca (S/ 10) + Way to Red Valley (S/ 10) + Red Valley (S/ 10) (Every community charges their own entrance due to community conflicts)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco
- 3:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The weather can't be forecasted, forecasts by google or other weather apps are not reliable, as the weather at this altitude in the mountains is unpredictable. There can be sun, clouds, rain, hail, snow, thunderstorms. Thus, please be prepared, follow our recommendations (our experienced guides know what to do in case the weather turns bad or dangerous).
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- If you don't want to hike up you can rent a horse for S/ 80 that will take you up 3/4th of the hike.
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3VIN" during checkout and you'll get $30 off per person.
- Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot. We accept all reservations until 2:00 pm on the day before the tour (only if you send us the required information asked by us in our confirmation mail until 2:00 pm).
- If there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.