City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking tour //
You will have a great time with this tour to one of the most popular tourist attractions in Cusco, the beautiful
If you're looking for an alternative that is not that difficult and where you only hike for less than 1 hour, you should check out the alternative rainbow mountain trek.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Cusco between 3:00 and 3:30 am by your guide. From there, you will be on the road for aprox. 2.5 hours in a private van. After 2 hours you will stop to have breakfast and then continue on the road until reaching the start of the trail at 3700m. The trek to the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain will last about 1.5 hours (4km, 2.7 miles) and throughout the entire hike, you will walk through a vibrant green valley while seeing the snow-capped Ausangate mountain in the distance. You will see a lot of Alpacas and most likely you'll also see how Quechua people live.
As you approach the Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain, you will start to see the first signs of coloured minerals that form the rainbow coloured mountains. At this point, your guide will explain how the mountains were formed that way. Afterwards, you will continue to hiking up until reaching the view point that gives you a 360 degree view of the entire beautiful landscape. You will have some snacks and take a break to enjoy the views. From there, it is only 15-20 minutes hiking distance and you will be rewarded with unforgettable views of Cusco's unique red valley which is full of entirely red mountain landscapes. After that, you will hike back for 1 hour to have lunch in a restaurant. Following that, you will return to Cusco where you will arrive at about 5:00 pm.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Picnic breakfast and lunch in a restaurant
- Trekking poles
- Communication radios
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain Vinicunca (S/ 10) + Red Valley (S/ 10)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco
- 3:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3VIN" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Minimum 1 day before
- If there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas (due to the rush hour that might leave you waiting 1-2 hours in the van in case we'd drop-off every participant)
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
Exploor's Exclusive tours combine unique experiences with great deals and are operated directly by Exploor.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our quality and security standards.