City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking //
Why you'll love this experience:
Passionate and experienced guides that are happy to share incredible stories with you.
Small (up to 8) instead of a large impersonalized group to keep your experience with your guide special.
Be one of the first travelers visiting the Humantay Lake that day.
At 4:00 am, you will be picked up from your hotel in Cusco. Then, you will be on the road for around 3.5 hours. During the trip by bus, you can see the beautiful landscapes, typical villages of the Andes, amazing mountains, valleys and crop fields. You will stop in the colonial town of Mollepata for breakfast.
Afterwards, you will start the hiking tour (Soraypampa 3800 m) which takes 2 hours until reaching the lake. On the way to the Humantay lake, you will see the snow-capped Salkantay (6375 m), the Humantay mountain (5835 masl), inter-Andean valleys surrounded by mountains and the unique flora and fauna of the Andes. When you reach the highest point of 4200 m (Humantay Lake), you will have enough time to enjoy it, explore the surroundings and take many photos. Then, you will descend 1 hour to take the bus and return to Molletpata where a delicious lunch awaits you. Afterwards, you will return to Cusco so that you arrive at approximately 6:00 pm.
- Round trip transportation: Cusco - Soraypampa - Cusco
- Professional bilingual guide
- Hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas
- Visit of the Humantay lagoon
- Breakfast and lunch
- Oxygen and first-aid kit
- Entrance to Salkantay trek (cost: S/ 10 per person, around $3)
- Use a small trekking backpack, a hat, gloves and a rain cape
- Bring water and snacks
- Take your sunglasses and sunscreen with you
- Don't forget your camera
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the tour operator is not responsible.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local guide.
ROGER, ROLANDO & BERNABÉ
"With all the experience gathered, I can confidently say that I will make sure you have a great time discovering Cusco with me, a truly local guide!"