City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Free airport pickup included.
Private Machu Picchu tour with visits of romantic viewpoints perfect for couple pictures.
Revolutionary Sacred Valley itinerary nobody else offers - 5 sites in one day!
This Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour is one of the best tours you can do in Cusco as it combines some of the most remarkable places in all of Peru.
Most conventional tours just put you in a big bus with a lot of people. The guide is rushing from one spot to the next one, leaving you with few time to really get to know the sites.
In order to guarantee a unique experience, with us you and your travel partner will enjoy the Sacred Valley in a more personal way. We’ll visit all of the important sites and also include an Inca beer tasting to help you discover the ancient traditions of the Incas.
You will explore Machu Picchu in a private tour, as we want the most romantic day during your trip to be perfect for you. Our guide specialised in Machu Picchu tours will not only show you the typical spots but also the hidden ones where tourist groups don’t go. These spots offer the perfect opportunity to take some amazing couple photos.
Also, we give you the flexibility to return to Cusco after the Sacred Valley day tour or to take the train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (we recommend the latter). Get ready for two days filled with interesting history and breathtaking sites!
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
8:00 am: Pisac
10:45 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
12:30 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
3:15 pm: Ollantaytambo
5:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo in case you want to take the train to Aguas Calientes and spend the night there instead of returning to Cusco. If so, your Machu Picchu tour on the following day will start from Aguas Calientes and not from Cusco.
6:30 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train).
When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside your driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English speaking local guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Chicha beer tasting in a local Chicheria
- Small group tour of 2-8 people
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Private tour with Machu Picchu expert guide
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
- Tips for your guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It gives you entrance to the sights and can be bought directly at the sites we visit so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo
- you have the option to check for recommended places here
- or head back to Cusco and leave with the van in the morning to Ollantaytambo to catch the train from there
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Machu Picchu Tour: Daily departures
- Bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
- If you plan to reserve your Machu Picchu tour within the next 7 days after your online booking has been made, there will be an additional fee of $60 in total for extra administrative efforts (example: you book on the 21st of April for the 28th of April). The difference can be paid via an additional payment inquiry sent via email or in cash in our Cusco office.
- If you want to book Machu Pichu Mountain within 1 month of the tour, please ask us for availability of tickets in advance.
Terms of Cancellation:
- There won’t be any refunds for the Machu Picchu tour as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- For the Sacred Valley tour:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- Going to Machu Picchu Mountain staying the previous night in:
- Cusco: You'll first hike Machu Picchu Mountain and do the guided Machu Picchu tour afterwards. Your guide will await you at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. As the hike to Machu Picchu Mountain is exhaustive, you may feel tired afterwards and won’t enjoy your Machu Picchu tour that much. That’s why we recommend staying in Aguas Calientes the night before if you want to do the Machu Picchu Mountain hike. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town): You'll first do the Machu Picchu tour and then hike Machu Picchu Mountain. Your guide will drop you off at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. From this point on, an official guide provided by the government (private tours are not available) will be with you. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.
- Toilets are available in Pisac, the salt mines of Maras, Moray, at the restaurant in Urubamba and in Ollantaytambo.