The Best of Cusco in 3 Days: Sacred Valley Tour + Machu Picchu Tour + Alternative Rainbow Mountain Trek & Community Visit (free airport pickup & drop-off included)
City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to the Rainbow Mountains, Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Passionate and experienced guides that are happy to share incredible stories with you.
Hike only for 45 minutes instead of 3 hours to the alternative rainbow mountain.
Don't rush from site to site like during the typical touristic tour to the Sacred Valley. Enjoy more time and better understand the culture and history of every place we visit together.
Discover the Machu Picchu and make this world wonder a highlight of your Peruvian adventure.
The sacred valley, the Machu Picchu and the rainbow mountains are waiting for you. Get ready for 3 days packed with 3 unforgettable tours in Cusco, the city of the Incas. During the sacred valley tour, you will enjoy unique views of the sacred valley from the top of the Pisac ruins, visit its artisan handicraft market and get to know the impressive sites of Maras and Moray. Get to know the ceremonial centres and the impressive rock formations of Ollantaytambo before heading back to Cusco. Another highlight will be Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru. Enjoy a day trip to Machu Picchu that will take you back in time, getting to know everything about Pachacutec, Hiram Bingham and all the important historical events related to it. Apart from the sacred Valley and Machu Picchu you will also explore the postcard-like rainbow mountains that are hidden in the Andean mountains during this easy 1-hour hike. You will explore a hike accompanied by an alpaca to three beautiful rainbow mountains with almost no people around. You get the chance to interact with the local community members and their alpacas while learning more about their lifestyle and their unique traditions.
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
7:40 am: Pisac (market visit only on Sundays)
10:15 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras
11:40 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
2:50 pm: Ollantaytambo
4:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo
6:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train). When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside our guide will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
3:45-4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:45 am: Breakfast with an incredible view over the valley
8:00 am: Visit of the Palccoyo community and its potato museum (created in collaboration with exploor in October 2018)
9:30 am: Arrival al parking lot (view of the 1strainbow mountain) + Briefing
10:00 am: Visit of the 2ndrainbow mountain
10:30 am: Visit of the 3rdrainbow mountain + break with coca tea and local snacks
11:00 am: Hike up to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
11:30 am: Head back to the car
12:00 pm: Interaction with locals in the community + snacks
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:30-5:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco and transport from your hotel to the airport (only for hotels in Cusco city center)
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Artisanal chocolate snack
- Sacred Valley day tour
- Lunch buffet
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking private guide
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour:
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels/hostels/AirBnBs close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide during the Tres Rainbows hike
- Visit of local community (donations are welcome)
- Breakfast and lunch
- Artisanal chocolate snacks made by our "abuelita" (grandma) and a coca/muña tea when arriving at the mountain
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Communication radios
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket S/ 70, general ticket S/ 130 per person)
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo
- you have the option to check for recommended places here
- or head back to Cusco and leave with the van in the morning to Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area (S/ 10)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco city
- Donations to the community (you're welcome to bring unused clothes or pens, notebooks etc.) on the Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour
- Tips for your guide
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Machu Picchu Tour: Daily departures
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour: 4:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Please let us know if you are planning to take a train to Aguas Calientes after the Sacred Valley day tour.
- Please bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom
- If you don't want to hike up to the Humantay Lake you can rent a horse for S/ 70 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
- If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- For Machu Picchu, there won’t be any refunds as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- For the Rainbow Mountain Palccoyo Tour and the Humantay Lake tour:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas or Plaza de Regocijo
- If you want to go to Machu Picchu Mountain you will visit the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu for 2 hours with our guide before he will drop you off at the starting point of Machu Picchu Mountain.
- Bathrooms are available at the breakfast & lunch restaurant and at the parking lot.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side, but you will be sitting next to each other.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.
- If you want to fly your drone at the Palccoyo Rainbow mountain, you have to pay S/ 30 to the local community.