City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Revolutionary Sacred Valley itinerary nobody else offers - 4 sites in one day and avoiding the crowds (+ be one of the first visiting Pisac)!
Enjoy familiarity in a small group, with a passionate guide able to answer all your questions, impossible in large touristy groups!
Visit Machu Picchu's secret and beautiful viewpoints touristy groups don't visit, perfect for couple-, family-, and friend pictures.
Have more time with your passionate guide. 2.5 hours, instead of only 2 hours most of the other tours offer, feel less rushed.
150+ 5-Star reviews on Tripadvisor for both tours only
With this 2-day tour you will get to know the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas and the famous Machu Picchu. You will explore some of the most famous touristic sites of Cusco, such as Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo.
After that, you will experience one of the most impressive train rides in the world. Looking our of the window, you can see the unique Andean mountain landscape until reaching the town of Aguas Calientes. Here, you will get ready for the private tour to Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru and one of the seven wonders of the world.
You will learn about its history, what daily life was like for the Incas and how it was discovered by Hiram Bingham. If you want to enjoy a breathtaking views of Machu Picchu make sure to add Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain to your tour.
This is the perfect way to get to know Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley with an overnight stay in Aguas Calientes, allowing you a hassle-free experience while exploring the Peruvian wonder of the world.
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
8:00 am: Pisac
10:45 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
12:30 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
3:15 pm: Ollantaytambo
6:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo. In the afternoon, you'll take the train to Aguas Calientes, where you will be picked up at the train station.
Note: All times are approximations.
|Machu Picchu Day Tour with Expedition Train* from Aguas Calientes (earliest entrance option **)
||...with Machu Picchu Mountain / Huayna Picchu [ (...) in case of 10:00 am hike]|
|Before 5:30 am: Hotel pickup by guide and taking bus to Machu Picchu entrance||Before 5:30 am: Hotel pickup by guide and taking bus to Machu Picchu entrance|
|6:00 am: Guided Machu Picchu tour||6:00 (8:00) am: Guided Machu Picchu tour|
|8:30 am: Leaving Machu Picchu, getting Machu Picchu passport stamp, heading back to Aguas Calientes by bus (without guide)||8:00 (10:00) am: Machu Picchu Mountain/ Huayna Picchu hike|
|9:30 am: Arrival in Aguas Calientes and free time||11:00 am (1:00 pm): Leaving Machu Picchu, getting Machu Picchu passport stamp, heading back to Aguas Calientes by bus (without guide)|
|Return train to Ollantaytambo in the early afternoon/evening||12:00 (2:00) pm: Arrival in Aguas Calientes and free time for lunch|
|Private pickup after arriving at the train station||Return train to Ollantaytambo in the early afternoon/evening|
|Drop-off in your accommodation in the Sacred Valley*** or in Cusco||Private pickup after arriving at the train station|
|Drop-off in your accommodation in the Sacred Valley*** or in Cusco|
*Vistadome options are also possible
**Entrance preferences (as early as possible, in the late morning, in the afternoon) are eligible when filling out the pre-confirmation email you receive automatically after the reservation has been made to coordinate your private Machu Picchu tour
***Sacred Valley pickups and drop-offs available for locations between Ollantaytambo to Urubamba or Urubamba to Cusco. Locations outside this route are possible as well but will have an additional fee for the extra transportation.
The evening before, we’ll digitally introduce you to your certified guide and share last details (no worries, you will already have received all of the tickets in <1 week after your online reservation).
Before the start of the tour, you'll meet up with the other travelers that arrived to Aguas Calientes (AC). Next, we take the shuttle to the Machu Picchu entrance and the 2.5 hour guided tour is about to start (please consider the note below in case you plan to hike Machu Picchu mountain)*.
After a fascinating time with your guide, you have the chance to remain a little longer in the final part of the complex. Then, it’s time to take the shuttle back to the village on your own and enjoy lunch and some free time before you take the train back to Cusco. The train leaves either at 5:23 pm or 6:20 pm, arriving in Cusco between 8-10 pm**.
However, in case you prefer to leave earlier and spend the evening in Cusco, we can organize a special train at 2:55 pm or 3:20 pm for only $25 more or the panoramic Vistadome train at 1:37 pm or 2:55 pm for $30-40 more per person***. Important note: All group tours from agencies take trains at 6:20 pm or later. Arriving at the train station, our driver will await you outside and bring you back to your accommodation in Cusco safely.
*In case you’re interested in a Machu Picchu Mountain hike, please note that with any group tour you’ll only have 1.5 hours with the guide in Machu Picchu. Why? Group tours start at 8 am, the only starting time that allows for the Machu Picchu hike, which will be at 10 am. Thus, you need to leave the group at 9:30 am to arrive on time at the starting point, which is at another location of where the group will be at this time.
We recommend either the hike to Huayna Picchu (starts at 11:00 am, thus, after 10:30 am when the tour ends you have time to get to the meetup spot), or a private Machu Picchu tour with a personalized itinerary that provides the opportunity to hike Machu Picchu Mountain first and enjoy the guided tour of Machu Picchu (private) later.
**Both train slots depend on availability. In case both slots are sold out or more expensive (especially for last minute reservations within <2 weeks in advance), we’ll organize the train that follows. Those can leave at 9:50 pm (arrival in Cusco at 1 am - very improbable for reservations with >2 weeks in advance). Due to the season and risks of mud slides, the trains end until 01 of May 2020 in Ollantaytambo, not other train stations that follow after and are closer to Cusco. Within this time, you'll be head by a Minibus, organized by the railway company that awaits you outside of the train station, to Cusco where our driver will bring you safely to your hotel. After 01 of May the operations of the trains will be normal again.
***Depending on availability. For the last minute reservations (<2 weeks in advance), prices might also change. To find out more about that, please contact us via email or Whatsapp to ask for availability.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (the airport pickup can be scheduled flexibly)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cusco by professional dirver**
- Fluent English speaking licensed local guide (for private Machu Picchu tour Spanish or Portuguese are available too)
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport with pickup from your hotel in Cusco
- Delicious lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available) in restaurant for small groups and with llamas outside
- Drop-off at Ollantaytambo train station
- Small personalized group tour of 2-8 people
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes in a double bed or twin bed 3* hotel with breakfast
- Private Machu Picchu tour or small-group tour of max. 10 travelers
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (only for private tours available - optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle from Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Hotel pickup or drop-off in Cusco or Sacred Valley**
- Professional English-speaking guide specialised on Machu Picchu tours (for private tours, Spanish or Portuguese is available)
- 100% money-back guarantee in case of our failure***
*Please ask us via chat or email about availability (especially for reservations within 1 month).
**By exploor (from hotel to meetup point) and shared transportation (from meetup point to Ollantaytambo). Sacred Valley pickups and drop-offs available for locations between Ollantaytambo to Urubamba or Urubamba to Cusco only for private tours. Locations outside this route are possible also only for private tours and only at an additional cost.
***In case it’s related to something that is 100% under our control, such as transportation or the guide, and that negatively affects your experience on the day of the tour.
- Breakfast and dinner on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 2
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It allows you to enter the sites and you can buy it directly at the sites we visit, so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Meal in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for your guide
- Daily departures
- Bring your original passport for the hotel registration
- Wear light shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and bring a raincoat
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco).
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Due to regulations by the railway companies, you'll be only allowed to bring a small backpack of max 5-6 kg with you when heading by train to Aguas Calientes (with or without overnight stay). Larger luggage can be problematic, resulting in loosing the tour without any right on a refund.
- Minimum 2 people
- For solo travelers: An additional $110 will have to be paid via a separate PayPal payment inquiry sent via email as the Machu Picchu + hotel price considered in this tour is for min. 2 travelers.
- If you want to book a private tour for 3 people or more please use the discount code "MAPI3" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Regarding Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu reservations please see “Info” below
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancellation:
There won’t be any refunds as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- Please note that for holidays, such as the 10/05/2020 the team receives an extra bonus as they make the sacrifice of not being with their families. To appreciate their availability, an additional $70 (in total, not per person) will be charged apart from the price indicated on the webpage. This amount can be paid via email payment request by Paypal.
- From January 2nd until April 30th, there aren’t any trains departing from Cusco/Poroy, only from Ollantaytambo.
- Where and when can you choose your preferred time at Machu Picchu?
- When you’ve made your reservation with us, you’ll automatically receive an email where all important questions about your Machu Picchu day trip, airport transportation and more will be asked. We recommend answering to this email as soon as possible to enable us to start with the coordination of your tickets and ensuring an excellent experience for you.
- What is the Vistadome Train and how can I book it?
- This train option has a panoramic view due to bigger windows. It differs in price. Per train and person this option has an additional cost of $40 that can be paid via PayPal when the upgrade is confirmed.
How can it be booked? In the email mentioned above, you have the option to select this train option as: “no”, “one way” or “both ways”. We’ll then take care of the rest.
- Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu option
- Both are hikes to the mountains that surround the archeological site of Machu Picchu. Please find a detailed comparison here.
- In case you opt to add one of those two hikes, please contact us first via Whatsapp +51965027736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to help you with the availabilities. The additional entrance fee for either the Machu Picchu Mountain or Huayna Picchu hike is $20. This amount will be added automatically when you choose the preferred option in the dropdown above.
- For the airport pickup, what if my flight has a delay?
- Please contact us via Whatsapp +51965027736 so the team can check if a postponement of the pickup is still possible. Our drivers are contracted for specific times and if the delay is more than 45 minutes the pickup would be lost. In case our drivers are occupied for a later time, the airline delay will count as a “no show” and you’ll have to organize the transport yourself or pay an extra for the newly coordinated pickup of $15 via email. In case a change is possible, our driver will await you outside of the airport on the parking lot with a sign and your names on it.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. Please share with your insurance any problems you may experience.
- Transportation for shared groups: Our private driver picks you up on time at your hotel/hostel/Airbnb and brings you safely to the meetup spot where you enter a shared transportation to Ollantaytambo (same for the way back, all under clear safety and comfort standards for your best).
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.
COVID-19 health & safety measures:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas and in the car
- Face masks required for guides and drivers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff