City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to Rainbow Mountains & Humantay Lake //
Why you'll love this experience:
Passionate and experienced guides that are happy to share incredible stories with you.
Hike only for 45 minutes instead of 3 hours to the alternative rainbow mountain.
Small (up to 10) instead of a large impersonalized group to keep your experience with your guide special.
Be one of the first travelers visiting the Humantay Lake that day.
How about two beautiful days that give you the chance to get to know two of Cusco's top tourist destinations? Visit the rainbow mountains and the Humantay lake of Cusco together with your guide and fall in love with the unique nature!
Difficulty of treks: easy-medium
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days in between (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:45 am: Breakfast with an incredible view over the valley
8:00 am: Visit of the Palccoyo community and its potato museum (created in collaboration with exploor in October 2018)
9:30 am: Arrival at the parking lot (view of the 1strainbow mountain) + Briefing
10:00 am: Visit of the 2ndrainbow mountain
10:30 am: Visit of the 3rdrainbow mountain + break with coca tea and snacks
11:00 am: Hike up to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
11:30 am: Head back to the car and drive to the restaurant
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:30 - 5:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour:
- Visit of local community
- Snacks: Cookies, coca leaves and a coca/muña tea when arriving at the mountain
- Hike with Alpaca (it's optional: only joining us in case there is no snow, very low probability of having snow)
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
Humantay Lake tour:
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area and to the Humantay Lake (S/ 10 each)
- Donations to the community (you're welcome to bring unused clothes or pens, notebooks etc.)
- Tips for your guide
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour: 4:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Humantay Lake tour: 4:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom or to support the locals by buying their handicrafts (from 4 up to 100 soles). Donations to the community, such as old clothes or utilities, such as pens, notebooks etc. are more than welcome.
- Clothing: Bring your backpack, a rain cape, gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, an extra pair of socks and wear layers of hiking clothes so you'll be warm
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot.
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
- Bathrooms are available at the breakfast & lunch restaurant and at the parking lot.
- If you want to fly your drone at the Palccoyo Rainbow mountain, you have to pay S/ 50 to the local community.
- It is possible that the community, as well as the alpaca, are not available due to reasons beyond our control (sickness of community member, family issues or others). The probability is very very low and we are in daily contact with them to make sure everything will be fine for the next day. Still, the probability exists. We are not to be held liable in case no lama or alpaca will be available or in case of any circumstance arising with the animals. We will proceed with the tour without any refund.