City: Lima, Coast // Activities: Local market visit, fruit tasting, cooking class //
Welcome to the 1-day culinary tour that combines culinary highlights with art and history. During the local market tour you will discover the large variety of fruits and vegetables that you can find in Peru and of course you will try some. Later on in the Lima food tour, apart from taking part in a Peruvian cooking class preparing Peru's most famous dish, Ceviche, you will also try Picarones, one of the most popular desert. But don't worry, there are also plenty of other things you will see that are not related to food, such as Chinatown, the historic downtown of Lima and its most important tourist attractions. Further, you will get to know Barranco, the bohemian district of Lima, that many artists call their home. Enjoy this culinary tour in Lima that gives you the option to perceive Lima with your five senses.
- Visit a local market where you will taste and appreciate the local products.
- Visit Chinatown to feel the mixture of the Peruvian and Chinese cultures.
- Walk in the Historic Downtown of Lima (Unesco site) to observe its main monuments and architecture.
- Visit an awarded chef to have the best "Ceviche" in Lima. He will teach you how to do it. Lunch.
- Visit the best handicraft shops in Barranco, the bohemian district in Lima.
- Visit a local restaurant to taste the traditional Peruvian desert "Picarones" made of squash and sweet potato.
- Pick up from any hotel in Miraflores or San Isidro
- Bilingual guide
- Transport in minivan
- 1 water bottle
- All the food included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Monday to Saturday)
- Use comfortable shoes
- Mention dietary restrictions
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 day before
Terms of Cancelation:
- If you reserve with anticipation and cancel before 24 hours of the start of the city tour, 100% will be refunded. Otherwise, there will be no refund.
- Maximum 6 people per group
50% of additional cost on the following dates: January 1st, Holy Thursday and Friday, March 1st, July 28th and 29th, December 24th, 25th and 31st)
Information about the Local Operator:
We only select the best tour operators whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.
After having made the purchase you receive an e-mail with the complete contact information of the local tour operator.
Information about the Local Guides:
We only select the best guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.