City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking // Total hiking time: 1.5 - 2 h (6km hike)
Why you'll love this experience:
|Arrival||With other groups||Be one of the first ones up there|
|Guide||Regular||Professional with insider knowledge|
|Transport with||Large van to bus||Small to large van|
4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:35 am: Breakfast with an incredible view over the valley
7:40 am: Arrival at parking lot + Briefing
10:10 am: Visit of the Humantay Lake, diverse lookouts and a break with coca tea and local snacks
11:20 am: Head back to the car
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations. For a more detailed description, feel free to check out our blog post about the Humantay lake tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Visit of the Humantay lake
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Trekking poles
- Coca tea when arriving at the lake
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Communication radios
- Entrance to Humantay Lake area (S/ 10)
- Tips for your guide
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, hiking clothes and if you want to you can bring your hiking poles as well
- If you don't want to hike up you can rent a horse for S/ 70 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3HUM" during checkout and you'll get $5 off per person.
Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot. We accept all reservations until 2:00 pm on the day before the tour (only if you send us the required information asked by us in our confirmation mail until 2:00 pm).
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
- Bathrooms are available at the breakfast & lunch restaurant and at the parking lot.