City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of the Perolniyoc waterfall & Inca ruins //
This day tour to the Perolniyoc waterfall proves that hiking in fascinating and untouched places while discovering Inca ruins in the highlands doesn’t require waking up as early as most of the other hiking tours demand it. Enjoy a short half day trek close to Cusco, without altitude issues as this site is lower than Cusco. This day tour combines nature and culture into an experience that is perfectly made for hiking lovers with the desire of cultural enrichment. Apart from the stunning Perolniyoc waterfall, you will also visit the Inca ruins that are directly above it. This setting offers the perfect scenery to enjoy a picnic with a view over the entire valley. On the way home to Cusco, you will stop at a local’s place where you will be taught how Chicha, the beer of the Incas, is made according to a local traditional recipe.
7:30 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
9:00 am: Arrival at the parking lot and briefing
10:15 am: Break at the Perolniyoc waterfall
10:35 am: Continue the hike to the archaeological site
11:35 am: Tour through archaeological
11:50 am: Picnic at lookout over the valley
12:15 pm: Hike down to the car
1:15 pm: Arrival at the parking lot
1:45 pm: Visit of local chicheria
3:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Local snack + coca leaves
- Trekking poles
- Communication radios
- First aid kit (no oxygen necessary at this altitude)
- Poncho for taking pictures (pictures will be shared with you after the tour via Dropbox)
- 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Half day tour
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3PER" during checkout and you'll get $4 off per person.
- Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.