City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking // Total hiking time: 1.5 - 2 h (6 km hike)
Why you'll love this experience:
Be one of the first ones to arrive at the Humantay lake.
You get 2 hiking poles each to hike up without problems.
Our guide leads you to spots that are perfect for couple pictures without tourists in the background.
|Arrival||With other groups||Be one of the first ones up there|
|Guide||Regular||Professional with insider knowledge|
|Transport with||Large van to bus||Small to large van|
Are you ready to get to know the beautiful Humantay lake before everyone else?
4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:35 am: Breakfast with an incredible view over the valley
7:40 am: Arrival at parking lot + Briefing
10:10 am: Visit of the Humantay Lake, diverse lookouts and a break with coca tea and local snacks
11:20 am: Head back to the car
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations. For a more detailed description, feel free to check out our blog post about the Humantay lake tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English speaking local guide
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Visit of the Humantay lake
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Trekking poles
- Coca tea when arriving at the lake
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Communication radios
- Entrance to Humantay Lake area (S/ 10)
- Tips for your guide
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, hiking clothes and if you want to you can bring your hiking poles as well
- If you don't want to hike up you can rent a horse for S/ 70 - 90 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3HUM" during checkout and you'll get $5 off per person.
Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot. We accept all reservations until 2:00 pm on the day before the tour (only if you send us the required information asked by us in our confirmation mail until 2:00 pm).
After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
- Minimum 2 people
- Minimum age is 12 years old
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- We offer 100% flexibility for private tours.
- We don’t issue refunds in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules, bad weather or sudden strikes that affect the tour.
- For security reasons, we don't allow drones during group tours, only during private tours.
- Bathrooms are available at the breakfast & lunch restaurant and at the parking lot.