City: Machu Picchu, Mountains // Activities: Machu Picchu tour //
Why you'll love this experience:
Private tour with visits of romantic lookouts perfect for couple pictures.
Must visit places of Machu Picchu and hidden spots normal groups don't get to see.
More time to discover the sites than in a standard group tour.
A tour to Machu Picchu is what many people call their most beautiful experience in Perú.
Unfortunately, the typical group tours are characterized by large groups, pickup delays, crowded buses and unmotivated guides that present their memorized Machu Picchu scripts. Due to the group size, it’s often difficult to follow everything the guide says and to ask all the questions you want.
With us, you can forget about these points as we’ll make sure the most romantic moment during your Peru tour will be impeccable. Not only do we cover all the must visit spots of the ancient city of the Incas but we also visit the hidden spots normal groups don’t get to visit. These spots are perfect for some unforgettable couple shots that capture the magic of your Machu Picchu visit. Prepare yourself for vivid stories of our passionate guide that will make you feel like you are time traveling.
If you’re short on time, this day tour to Machu Picchu from Cusco is the way to go for you. Even though a lot of time will be spent on transfers (cars and trains), the experience is well worth it.
Afterwards, you’ll say that the dollars spent were worth it, instead of regretting for a lifetime that this tour turned out differently than expected.
You will be picked up at your hotel in Cusco early in the morning (the exact pickup time will be confirmed in the final confirmation mail; we'll make sure to choose the most convenient time for you) and head to the train station in Ollantaytambo. There, you will board the train to the village of Aguas Calientes.
Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will be waiting for you to accompany you to the bus that brings you to the entrance of Machu Picchu (the bus ride takes about 25 minutes). Make sure to use the bathroom before entering as there are no toilets anymore once you have passed the entrance. From this point on, the private Machu Picchu tour will start and we will head to the “Casa del Guardián” to enjoy the typical panoramic views of Machu Picchu. This is the perfect spot to take various photos. Afterwards, we’ll move on to the next viewpoints from where our guide will show you the different parts of the Machu Picchu ruins we will visit. The guided tour takes around 2 hours and we will visit the agricultural sector and then the ancient city of the Incas (temple of the sun, inca palace, the holy square, the three windows, the main temple, the holy stone, the sector of the three doorways and the mortars sector).
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train). When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside your driver will be waiting for you in an orange Exploor jacket and your names written on paper. He will then take you back to your hotel in Cusco. _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional English-speaking private guide specialised on Machu Picchu tours
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
- Daily departures
- Wear light shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and bring a raincoat
- Bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Drink lots of water during the excursion
- Take insect repellent, sunblock, sunglasses and a hat for sunny days with you
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
- Bring your camera or video camera
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
- If you plan to reserve your Machu Picchu tour within the next 7 days after your online booking has been made, there will be an additional fee of $60 in total for extra administrative efforts (example: you book on the 21st of April for the 28th of April). The difference can be paid via an additional payment inquiry sent via email or in cash in our Cusco office.
- If you want to book Machu Pichu Mountain within 1 month of the tour, please ask us for availability of tickets in advance. There are no remaining tickets for July and August.
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancellation:
- There won’t be any refunds for this tour as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- Going to Machu Picchu Mountain staying the previous night in:
- Cusco: You'll first hike Machu Picchu Mountain and do the guided Machu Picchu tour afterwards. Your guide will await you at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. As the hike to Machu Picchu Mountain is exhaustive, you may feel tired afterwards and won’t enjoy your Machu Picchu tour that much. That’s why we recommend staying in Aguas Calientes the night before if you want to do the Machu Picchu Mountain hike. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town): You'll first do the Machu Picchu tour and then hike Machu Picchu Mountain. Your guide will drop you off at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. From this point on, an official guide provided by the government (private tours are not available) will be with you. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.