City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Quad bike tour, visit of Moray and Maras salt mines //
Why you'll love this experience:
Get to know Moray and Maras by quad bike instead of the typical bus tours
Visit the spectacular agricultural terraces of Moray and the famous salt evaporation ponds of Maras
|Morning ATV tour||Afternoon ATV tour|
|7:15 am: Pickup from hotel or Plaza de Armas||1:15 pm: Pickup from Plaza de Armas|
|8:30 am: Arrival at Maras salt mines (S/ 10 entrance fee) by van (not ATV) to visit the site without large tourist groups around.||2:30 pm: Arrival at the base with ATV instruction, security briefing and start of the tour.|
|9:30 am: Heading to the ATV base||3:15 pm: Arrival at Moray (S/ 70 entrance fee) and approx. 30 minutes time on the site|
|9:50 am: ATV instruction, security briefing and start of the ATV tour.||3:45 pm: Heading to Maras salt mines|
|10:45 am: Arrival to Moray (S/ 70 entrance fee) and approx. 30 minutes time on the site||4:15 pm: Arrival at Maras salt mines (S/ 10 entrance fee) by ATV to visit the site without large tourist groups around (they usually arrive at 11:00 am)|
|11:15 am: Returning to the ATV base||5:15 pm: Returning to the ATV base|
|12:00 pm: Arrival at ATV base and return to Cusco||5:40 pm: Arrival at the ATV base and return to Cusco.|
|1:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco (drop-off 1 block from main square) at Plaza Regocijo||6:40 pm: Arrival in Cusco (drop-off 1 block from main square) at Plaza Regocijo|
- Roundtrip private transportation from Cusco
- Visit of Moray and Maras (entrance is not included)
- Personal ATV: 250cc Honda / Yamaha
- Safety equipment helmet, glasses
- Professional bilingual guide (with mechanical skills)
- First-aid kit and bottled mineral water
- Personal accident insurance
- ATV insurance
- Entrance to (cash payment at destination itself):
S/ 70 (for foreigners), S/ 40 (for Peruvians); if you have the Cusco tourist ticket you don't have to pay for the entrance.
- Maras S/ 10
- Everyday from 7:00 am - 1:00 pm or from 1:15 pm - 6:45 pm
- Pickup in the morning: 7:00 am from your hotel if it's within a radius of 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas (7:15 am from main square in case you are farther away), no pickup from San Blas
- Pickup in the afternoon: 1:15 pm from the Plaza de Armas
Terms of Reservation:
- Due to high demand during the high season, please book your tour at least 48 hours in advance to guarantee a spot.
- Minimum age is 18 years. In case it is for persons underage, the atv has to be shared and driven by an adult (example: father + son), option two when selecting the type of participation.
Terms of Cancellation:
- Refund of 100% up to 1 day before
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if it's within a radius of 3 blocks from the Plaza de Armas, no pickup from San Blas), if your hotel is farther away you will be picked up at the fountain in the middle of the Plaza de Armas in Cusco.
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas or Plaza de Regocijo
- Meetup points Cruz Pata: https://www.google.com/maps?q=-13.375096321105957,-72.12418365478516&z=17&hl=es
- If you want to be picked up from- and brought back to Urubamba the transport costs are S/ 70 each way (S/ 140 in total) for up to 4 people. If you are more than 4 people, the transport costs are S/ 90 each way (S/ 180 in total), respectively.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) the provider
- No driver's license needed.
- Maximum speed of the ATV is 45 km/h (28 mph) and maximum weight 90 kg (199 lbs) per person.