The Best of Cusco in 3 Days: Sacred Valley Tour + Machu Picchu Tour + Alternative Rainbow Mountain Trek (free airport pickup & drop-off included)
City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to the Rainbow Mountains, Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Private Machu Picchu tour with visits of romantic viewpoints perfect for couple pictures.
Free airport pickup & drop-off included
Revolutionary Sacred Valley itinerary nobody else offers - 5 sites in one day!
Hike only for 45 minutes instead of 2 hours to the alternative rainbow mountain.
The sacred valley, the Machu Picchu and the rainbow mountains are waiting for you. Get ready for 3 days packed with 3 unforgettable tours in Cusco, the city of the Incas.
During the sacred valley tour, you will enjoy unique views of the sacred valley from the top of the Pisac ruins, visit its artisan handicraft market and get to know the impressive sites of Maras and Moray. Get to know the ceremonial centres and the impressive rock formations of Ollantaytambo before heading back to Cusco.
Another highlight will be Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru. Enjoy a day trip to Machu Picchu that will take you back in time, getting to know everything about Pachacutec, Hiram Bingham and all the important historical events related to it.
Apart from the sacred Valley and Machu Picchu you will also explore the postcard-like rainbow mountains that are hidden in the Andean mountains during this easy 1-hour hike. You will explore a hike accompanied by an alpaca to three beautiful rainbow mountains with almost no people around. You get the chance to explore the local community's potato museum and learn more about their lifestyle and their unique traditions.
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
7:40 am: Pisac
10:15 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
11:40 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
2:50 pm: Ollantaytambo
4:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo
6:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train).
When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside your driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
9:30 am: Arrival at the parking lot (view of the 1strainbow mountain) + Briefing
10:00 am: Visit of the 2ndrainbow mountain
10:30 am: Visit of the 3rdrainbow mountain + break with coca tea and snacks
11:00 am: Hike up to the stone forest (optional) with a spectacular view
11:30 am: Head back to the car and drive to the restaurant
1:50 pm: Lunch in local restaurant
4:00 pm: Arrival in Cusco and drop-off at your hotel
Note: All times are approximations.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco and transport from your hotel to the airport (only for hotels in Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English speaking local guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Chicha beer tasting in a local Chicheria
- Small group tour of 2-8 people
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Private tour with Machu Picchu expert guide
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour:
- Visit of potato museum in local community (optional)
- Breakfast and lunch (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Snacks: Cookies, coca leaves and a coca/muña tea when arriving at the mountain
- Hike with Alpaca (it's optional: only joining us in case there is no snow, very low probability of having snow)
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Small group tour of 2-8 people
- Tips for your guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It gives you entrance to the sights and can be bought directly at the sites we visit so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo
- you have the option to check for recommended places here
- or head back to Cusco and leave with the van in the morning to Ollantaytambo
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area (S/ 10)
- Donations to the community (you're welcome to bring unused clothes or pens, notebooks etc.) on the Alternative Rainbow Mountain tour
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Machu Picchu Tour: Daily departures
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour: 4:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Please let us know if you are planning to take a train to Aguas Calientes after the Sacred Valley day tour.
- Please bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom
- If you don't want to hike up to the Humantay Lake you can rent a horse for S/ 70 that will take you almost to the end of the hike.
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom or to support the locals by buying their handicrafts (from 4 up to 100 soles). Donations to the community, such as old clothes or utilities, such as pens, notebooks etc. are more than welcome.
- Clothing: Bring your backpack, a rain cape, gloves, a hat, hiking shoes, an extra pair of socks and wear layers of hiking clothes so you'll be warm
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
- Minimum age is 12 years old
- If you plan to reserve your Machu Picchu tour within the next 7 days after your online booking has been made, there will be an additional fee of $60 in total for extra administrative efforts (example: you book on the 21st of April for the 28th of April). The difference can be paid via an additional payment inquiry sent via email or in cash in our Cusco office.
- If you want to book Machu Pichu Mountain within 1 month of the tour, please ask us for availability of tickets in advance. There are no remaining tickets for July and August.
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
- If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- For Machu Picchu, there won’t be any refunds as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- For the Rainbow Mountain Palccoyo Tour and the Humantay Lake tour:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- Going to Machu Picchu Mountain staying the previous night in:
- Cusco: You'll first hike Machu Picchu Mountain and do the guided Machu Picchu tour afterwards. Your guide will await you at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. As the hike to Machu Picchu Mountain is exhaustive, you may feel tired afterwards and won’t enjoy your Machu Picchu tour that much. That’s why we recommend staying in Aguas Calientes the night before if you want to do the Machu Picchu Mountain hike. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town): You'll first do the Machu Picchu tour and then hike Machu Picchu Mountain. Your guide will drop you off at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. From this point on, an official guide provided by the government (private tours are not available) will be with you. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- Bathrooms are available at the breakfast & lunch restaurant and at the parking lot.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- We don’t issue refunds in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules, bad weather or sudden strikes that affect the tour. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.
- For security reasons, we don't allow drones at Palccoyo during group tours, only during private tours.
- It is possible that the community, as well as the alpaca, are not available due to reasons beyond our control (sickness of community member, family issues or others). The probability is very very low and we are in daily contact with them to make sure everything will be fine for the next day. Still, the probability exists. We are not to be held liable in case no lama or alpaca will be available or in case of any circumstance arising with the animals. We will proceed with the tour without any refund.