City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Revolutionary Sacred Valley itinerary nobody else offers - 5 sites in one day!
Avoid touristy groups and enjoy the sites with your partner in small group instead of being with the masses!
Private Machu Picchu tour with visits of romantic viewpoints perfect for couple pictures.
Must visit places of Machu Picchu and hidden spots normal groups don't get to see.
With this 2-day tour you will get to know the stunning Sacred Valley of the Incas and the famous Machu Picchu. You will explore some of the most famous touristic sites of Cusco, such as Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo.
After that, you will experience one of the most impressive train rides in the world. Looking our of the window, you can see the unique Andean mountain landscape until reaching the town of Aguas Calientes. Here, you will get ready for the private tour to Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru and one of the seven wonders of the world.
You will learn about its history, what daily life was like for the Incas and how it was discovered by Hiram Bingham. If you want to enjoy a breathtaking views of Machu Picchu make sure to add Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain to your tour.
This is the perfect way to get to know Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley with an overnight stay in Aguas Calientes, allowing you a hassle-free experience while exploring the Peruvian wonder of the world.
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
8:00 am: Pisac
10:45 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
12:30 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
3:15 pm: Ollantaytambo
5:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo. In the afternoon, you'll take the train to Aguas Calientes, where you will be picked up at the train station.
Note: All times are approximations.
|Machu Picchu Day Tour with Expedition Train* from Aguas Calientes (earliest entrance option **)
||...with Machu Picchu Mountain / Huayna Picchu [ (...) in case of 10:00 am hike]|
|Before 5:30 am: Hotel pickup by guide and taking bus to Machu Picchu entrance||Before 5:30 am: Hotel pickup by guide and taking bus to Machu Picchu entrance|
|6:00 am: Guided Machu Picchu tour||6:00 (8:00) am: Guided Machu Picchu tour|
|8:30 am: Leaving Machu Picchu, getting Machu Picchu passport stamp, heading back to Aguas Calientes by bus (without guide)||8:00 (10:00) am: Machu Picchu Mountain/ Huayna Picchu hike|
|9:30 am: Arrival in Aguas Calientes and free time||11:00 am (1:00 pm): Leaving Machu Picchu, getting Machu Picchu passport stamp, heading back to Aguas Calientes by bus (without guide)|
|Return train to Ollantaytambo in the early afternoon/evening||12:00 (2:00) pm: Arrival in Aguas Calientes and free time for lunch|
|Private pickup after arriving at the train station||Return train to Ollantaytambo in the early afternoon/evening|
|Drop-off in your accommodation in the Sacred Valley*** or in Cusco||Private pickup after arriving at the train station|
|Drop-off in your accommodation in the Sacred Valley*** or in Cusco|
*Vistadome options are also possible
**Entrance preferences (as early as possible, in the late morning, in the afternoon) are eligible when filling out the pre-confirmation email you receive automatically after the reservation has been made to coordinate your private Machu Picchu tour
***Sacred Valley pickups and drop-offs available for locations between Ollantaytambo to Urubamba or Urubamba to Cusco. Locations outside this route are possible as well but will have an additional fee for the extra transportation.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English speaking local guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport with pickup from your hotel in Cusco
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Chicha beer tasting in a local Chicheria
- Drop-off at Ollantaytambo train station
- Small group tour of 2-8 people
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes in a double bed or twin bed 3* hotel with breakfast
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*) Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Private tour with Machu Picchu expert guide
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
- Breakfast and dinner on day 1, lunch and dinner on day 2
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It gives you entrance to the sights and can be bought directly at the sites we visit so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Meal in Aguas Calientes
- Tips for your guide
- Daily departures
- Bring your original passport and TAM (the little sheet of paper you get when arriving in Peru) for the hotel registration
- Wear light shoes, a long sleeve shirt, long pants and bring a raincoat
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- Minimum 2 people
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
- If you plan to reserve your Machu Picchu tour within the next 7 days after your online booking has been made, there will be an additional fee of $60 in total for extra administrative efforts (example: you book on the 21st of April for the 28th of April). The difference can be paid via an additional payment inquiry sent via email or in cash in our Cusco office.
- If you want to book Machu Picchu Mountain within 1 month of the tour, please ask us for availability of tickets in advance.
Terms of Cancellation:
There won’t be any refunds for the Machu Picchu tour as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- For the Sacred Valley tour:
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of your tour, there won’t be any refunds.
- If you cancel between 3-7 days before the start of your tour, we will refund 50%.
- If you cancel more than 7 days before the start of the tour, we will refund 100%.
- Changing the date of your tour costs $20 per traveler and is subject to availability.
- If you cancel min. 30 days before the start of the tour you will receive a full refund. If you cancel less than 30 days before the start of the tour there won't be a refund.
- Please note that for holidays, such as the 25/12/2019, 01/01/2020 and 10/05/2020 the team receives an extra bonus as they make the sacrifice of not being with their families. To appreciate their availability, an additional $70 (in total, not per person) will be charged apart from the price indicated on the webpage. This amount can be paid via email payment request by Paypal.
- From January 2nd until April 30th, there aren’t any trains departing from Cusco/Poroy, only from Ollantaytambo.
- Where and when can you choose your preferred time at Machu Picchu?
- When you’ve made your reservation with us, you’ll automatically receive an email where all important questions about your Machu Picchu day trip, airport transportation and more will be asked. We recommend answering to this email as soon as possible to enable us to start with the coordination of your tickets and ensuring an excellent experience for you.
- What is the Vistadome Train and how can I book it?
- This train option has a panoramic view due to bigger windows. It differs in price. Per train and person this option has an additional cost of $40 that can be paid via PayPal when the upgrade is confirmed.
How can it be booked? In the email mentioned above, you have the option to select this train option as: “no”, “one way” or “both ways”. We’ll then take care of the rest.
- Machu Picchu Mountain and Huayna Picchu option
- Both are hikes to the mountains that surround the archeological site of Machu Picchu. Please find a detailed comparison here.
In case you opt to add one of those two hikes, please contact us first via Whatsapp +51965027736 or firstname.lastname@example.org to help you with the availabilities. When everything is clear, please select the Machu Picchu Mountain option during the booking process. In the email that you’ll receive automatically after the reservation has been made you can then indicate which option you’d like to hike and the corresponding tickets will be organized.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.