City: Lima, Coast // Activities: Cooking class, local market tour, exotic fruit tasting //
If you ever heard about Peru, it is impossible that you did not hear anything about the famous Peruvian food. Now, what do you think about preparing it yourself as if you were a proper chef? You cannot miss out on the opportunity of being part of this cooking class with the best recipes that the Peruvian cuisine has to offer. Be prepared to cook one dish in a relaxing environment with the best ingredients. However, you will not only be trained to prepare a delicious Lomo Saltado (or one of the dishes listed below), but you are also going to visit the local market to try some of the exotic fruits you can find in Peru. Enjoy the variety of colors, scents and flavors and live a unique culinary experience that you won't find anywhere else.
You will be picked up at your hotel starting at 8:30 (this can be a little later as well depending on traffic and coordinations) and then head to the local market to get to know typical Peruvian fruits. Afterwards, you head to Miraflores for the cooking class and you will have to choose among the following dishes:
Fish: The Peruvian dish you cook with fish is "Sudado de Pescado" - Steamed Fish (main course), with red onions and fresh herbs.
Chicken: The dish you prepare with chicken is "Aji de Pollo" - Chili chicken (main course), consists of thin strips of chicken served with a creamy yellow and spicy sauce, made with aji amarillo (yellow chilis), cheese, milk and cronchi bread. As a starter, we will teach you to prepare the two most typical starters, Papa a la Huancaina (Huancayo-style potatoes) and Ocopa Ariquipeña. The Huancaina sauce comes from the middle of the Andes of Peru whereas the Ocopa sauce comes from the south of the Andes near Cusco. Both starters consist of a creamy, slightly spicy sauce, one made with the freshest aromatic herbs from the mountains while the other is made with fresh local chili and cheese sauce. Both are served with native, organic, sliced and boiled potatoes.
Beef: Are you ready to prepare the delicious "Lomo saltado" (main course)? Beef tenderloin slices, fried with onions, tomatoes, aji (hot peppers) and more spices. It is served with french fries and rice. For starters, you will cook the super delicious "Causa Limeña" - mashed organic yellow potatoes seasoned with lime, aji and filled with fresh seasonal local veggies (it's not that spicy).
Vegetarian: Try cooking Pimiento Relleno (main course) which is pepper filled with fresh vegetables and organic herbs from the north of the country. For starters, you will prepare "Solterito", in English "Single menu", with green peas, faba beans, quinoa and olive oil.
- Private transport included (only if the departure is in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro o Centro de Lima)
- Local market tour in Surquillo
- Professional guide in Spanish and English
- Peruvian cooking class with a professional chef
- Lunch, choose one of the following possibilities:
- Fish: Sudado de Pescado or Ceviche
- Chicken: Aji de Pollo or Papas a la Huancaina
- Beef: Lomo Saltado or Causa Limeño
- Vegetarian: Pimiento Relleno or Solterito
- Cooking class with pickup at aprox. 8:30 am and at 1:30 pm (everyday)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people
- After the booking has been made, please respond to our automatic email asking about necessary information for the tour, such as pickup spot, food preferences and more.
Terms of Cancelation:
- 100% refund for cancellations up to 2 days before the date of the experience
- There is no refund for cancellations less than 2 days before the date of the experience
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from- and drop-off at your hotel (only if the departure is in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro o Centro de Lima)
- This is a private cooking class with a maximum of 6 people.
- The cost is 50% more during holidays on the following dates: 25.12
- The experience will not be available on the following dates: 28.07, 29.07, 28.08, 29.08, 24.12 & 25.12 (both not available in the afternoon)