City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking to the Rainbow Mountains, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
Passionate and experienced guides that are happy to share incredible stories with you.
Hike only for 45 minutes instead of 3 hours to the alternative rainbow mountain.
Small (up to 8) instead of a large impersonalized group to keep your experience with your guide special.
Don't rush from site to site like in the typical touristic tour of the Sacred Valley. Enjoy more time at each site and better understand the culture and history of every place.
Within 2 days, you will get to know Cusco's precious natural environment: the sacred valley and the rainbow mountains. During the sacred valley tour, you will discover Pisay, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo, the last stop before heading to Machu Picchu. Depending on your preference, you can stay in Ollantaytambo, continue to Aguas Calientes and visit Machu Picchu in the morning or you can also just return to Cusco. No matter which option you will end up choosing, you will surely be fascinated by the treasures the sacred valley has to offer. The
Difficulty of trek: easy - medium
Reviews of past travelers enjoying our Alternative Rainbow Mountain Trekking Tour
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days in between (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
DAY 1: SACRED VALLEY TOUR
Enjoy unique views of the sacred valley from the top of the Pisac ruins, visit its artisan handicraft market and get to know the impressive sites of Maras and Moray. Get to know the ceremonial centres and the impressive rock formations of Ollantaytambo before heading back to Cusco.
DAY 2: ALTERNATIVE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
Explore a hike accompanied by an alpaca to three beautiful rainbow mountains with almost no people around. Interact with the local community members and their alpacas while learning more about their lifestyle and their unique traditions.
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide(s)
- Artisanal chocolate snack
- Sacred Valley day tour
- Lunch buffet
Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour:
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels/hostels/AirBnBs close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide during the Tres Rainbows hike
- Visit of local community (donations are welcome)
- Breakfast and lunch
- Artisanal chocolate snacks made by our "abuelita" (grandma) and a coca/muña tea when arriving at the mountain
- Trekking poles
- First-aid kit and oxygen
- Communication radios
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Tourist ticket (partial ticket S/ 70, general ticket S/ 130 per person)
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Entrance to the Rainbow Mountain area (S/ 10)
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco city
- Donations to the community (you're welcome to bring unused clothes or pens, notebooks etc.)
- Tips for your guide
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Alternative Rainbow Mountain Tour: 4:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Please let us know if you are planning to take a train to Aguas Calientes after the Sacred Valley day tour.
- Bring change in order to pay small expenses, such as for using the restroom
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and coca leaves
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3CUS" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum 2 people
If there are not minimum 2 people in total in your group for the day you chose you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas (due to the rush hour that might leave you waiting 1-2 hours in the van in case we'd drop-off every participant)
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.