City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Trekking tour //
Why you'll love this experience:
Be one of the first travellers that get to know Waqrapukara.
You'll see a lot of Peruvian wildlife, such as alpacas and llamas.
Enjoy beautiful views of the Apurimac Canyon.
Video of the Waqrapukara tour from Cusco:
3:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco
5:45 am: Breakfast picnic with view over the valley
8:45 am: Arrival at the parking lot and briefing
10:15 am: Visit of the archaeological site of Waqrapukara (WC available)
10:40 am: Brunch in front of Waqrapukara
11:10 am: Descent to the car
12:15 pm: Return to Cusco (WC available on the way back to Cusco)
4:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
- Private transport with hotel pick-up from all hotels close to the Plaza de Armas (see "Pickup / Drop-off" info below)
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Breakfast and lunch picnic
- Trekking poles
- Local snack + coca leaves
- Communication radios
- First aid kit and oxygen
- Pick up from hotels outside of Cusco city
- 3:00 am - 4:00 pm or 5:00 - 6:30 pm
- Bring your backpack, a rain cape and layers of clothes so you'll be warm
- Take gloves, a hat, hiking shoes + an extra pair of socks with you (in case of snow) and if you want to you can bring hiking poles as well
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and some extra money
- Pack some snacks and (2.5L of water per person - you can leave the big bottle in the car and take an additional 1L bottle with you for the short hike)
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3WAQ" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Minimum 1 day before
- Minimum 2 people
- If there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from your hotel (only if your hotel is close to the city center of Cusco. In case you stay further away, meet up at the Plaza de Armas - taxi cost approx. 10-15 Soles)
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas (due to the rush hour that might leave you waiting 1-2 hours in the van in case we'd drop-off every participant)
- Private tours include pickup from- and drop-off at the hotel.
- We are not to be held liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.