City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
Why you'll love this experience:
|This Experience||Touristic Sacred Valley|
|Participants Spanish/English (%)||5/95||70/30|
|Option to get train to
|Yes||Yes, but you miss Pisac.|
|Time on sites||1 hour||30 minutes|
|Sites visited||Pisac + Moray
+ Maras + Urubamba
+ Chicheria (beer tasting) + Ollantaytambo
|Chinchero + Moray
+ Maras + Urubamba
+ Ollantaytambo + Pisac
|Transport with||Small to large van||Large van to bus|
|Schedule||6:30 am - 6:00 pm||7:00 am - 6:30 pm|
During this Sacred Valley day tour, you will find out more about the Inca's history and why the Sacred Valley was such an important political, agricultural and spiritual hotspot for them. In comparison to the conventional tours that are characterized by large groups, few time spent at the sites and visiting only some sites, our small-group tour of 2-8 people guarantee a personal experience. We cover the must visit spots of the Sacred Valley, such as Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo and stay around 1 hour at each site. This gives you enough time to discover the most important stories and to take stunning photos. Additionally, we visit a local Chicheria where you can taste the original beer of the Incas. At the end, you get the option to stay in Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes afterwards or to return to Cusco with your guide.
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
7:40 am: Pisac
10:15 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
11:40 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
2:50 pm: Ollantaytambo
4:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo
6:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Chicha beer tasting in a local Chicheria
- Small group tour with 2-8 people
- Sacred Valley day tour
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It gives you entrance to the sights and can be bought directly at the sites we visit so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
- Tips for the Guide
- 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Please let us know if you are planning to take a train to Aguas Calientes after the Sacred Valley day tour.
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3SVA" during checkout and you'll get $4 off per person.
- We accept all reservations until 2:00 pm on the day before the tour (only if you send us the required information asked by us in our confirmation mail until 2:00 pm).
- Minimum 2 people
If you buy the group tour and there are not minimum 2 people in total you have the option to:
- postpone the date of the tour
- receive a refund
- pay the difference to the private tour and do the private tour
Terms of Cancellation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
- We are not to be hold liable in case of delayed flights, inconveniences with train schedules or bad weather.
- Toilets are available in Pisac, the salt mines of Maras, Moray, at the restaurant in Urubamba and in Ollantaytambo.