City: Puno, Mountains // Activities: Island visits //
Visit the Uro Islands and the Taquile Island on the highest navigable lake in the world, the Lake Titicaca at 3800 m. These islands are the most famous destinations on the lake and are a must when being in Puno. The Uros Islands are artificial islands made of totora reeds that grows on the shores of the lake. When you're on the Taquile island, it is very common that you'll be with a local family, eating traditional food and staying at their home for a while. The islands are very famous for their hand-woven textiles, which are considered some of the finest handicrafts of the entire country. Come and get fascinated but their unique culture!
This day trip from Puno starts at 7:00 am visiting the Uros islands. At 9:00 am you will continue your trip for around 2.5 hours to reach a beautiful natural island called Taquile. Having arrived at the Taquile island at around 11:30 am, you will start with a 20 minute upward trek from the port to later arrive at the main plaza. This community dedicates itself to fishing, agriculture, and crafting. They are famous for their textile art, knitting made by men in which they start from an early age. During this tour, you will discover their way of life and enjoy the wonder of beautiful sights.
At 12:00 pm, you will have a typical regional lunch. Afterwards,you will have 40 minutes of free time to discover the island on your own. You can visit the crafting center and take pictures or just enjoy the panoramic sceneries of the island. From the Taquile island, you will be able to see the Amantani island, another beautiful island. Once the visit has ended, you will return to Puno and you'll be dropped of at your hotel.
- Tourist transportation and hotel pick-up
- Visit of Uros islands and Taquile island
- Private bilingual tour guide (English and Spanish) and shared tour on the boat
- Entrance fee
- 7:00 am - 16:30 pm
- Use comfortable sneakers for walking and light clothing for the mornings but winter clothing for cold night
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Eat light meals, drink a lot of water
- You might want to drink coca leaf tea (this helps to fight against high altitude sickness)
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancelation:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.