City: Cusco, Mountains // Activities: Visit of Machu Picchu, Visit of Pisac, Moray, Salt Mines of Maras & Ollantaytambo //
The sacred valley of the Incas and the famous Machu Picchu are waiting for you. Get to the most famous touristic sites of Cusco with this 2-day tour showing you Pisac, the archaeological site of Moray, the salt mines of Maras and Ollantaytambo. The other highlight of the tour will be Machu Picchu, the most popular tourist attraction in Peru and one of the seven wonders of the world. Enjoy a day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco learning about its history, what daily life was like for the Incas and how it was discovered by Hiram Bingham. If you want to climb up Machu Picchu Mountain as well and enjoy a breathtaking view from there, make sure to select that option in the dropdown field above.
*the following itinerary is just exemplary; you're free to choose the order of the tours with off-days (f.e. tour 2, day off, tour 1).
6:30 am: Pick-up at your hotel in Cusco
7:30 am: Sacred Valley viewpoint
7:40 am: Pisac
10:15 am: Visit of the Salt Mines of Maras (we'll only go to the viewpoint, it's forbidden to enter the salt mines)
11:40 am: Visit of Moray
1:30 pm: Lunch in Urubamba
2:15 pm: Chicha beer tasting
2:50 pm: Ollantaytambo
4:30 pm: Drop-off at main square in Ollantaytambo
6:00 pm: Arrival at your hotel in Cusco
Note: All times are approximations.
Upon arrival at the train station, our guide will be waiting for you to accompany you to the bus that brings you to the entrance of Machu Picchu (the bus ride takes about 25 minutes). From this point on, the Machu Picchu tour will start and we will head to the “Casa del Guardián” to enjoy the typical panoramic views of Machu Picchu. This is the perfect spot to take various photos. Afterwards, we’ll move on to the next viewpoints from where our guide will show you the different parts of the Machu Picchu ruins we will visit. The guided tour takes around 2 hours and we will visit the agricultural sector and then the ancient city of the Incas (temple of the sun, inca palace, the holy square, the three windows, the main temple, the holy stone, the sector of the three doorways and the mortars sector).
After the guided Machu Picchu tour, you will return to the town of Aguas Calientes by bus and you have the option to eat in one of the many restaurants. In the afternoon, you will take the train back and arrive in Ollantaytambo (please arrive at the station 30 minutes before the departure time of your train). When you arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, please leave the station because outside your driver will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel in Cusco.
- Airport pickup and transport to your hotel in Cusco (only Cusco city center)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Fluent English/ Spanish speaking local guide
- Private tour or small group tour of 2-8 people (please select above)
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Lunch buffet (vegetarian and vegan food options available)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Round trip Expedition train tickets
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Mountain (optional and depending on availability*)
- Shuttle tickets Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
*If you reserve the tour at least 1 month in advance, it’s very likely that there are still tickets available. Less than 1 month, most likely all tickets are sold out.
- Tips for your guide
Sacred Valley Tour:
- Cusco tourist ticket (partial ticket valid for 2 days S/ 70, general ticket valid for 10 days S/ 130 per person). It gives you entrance to the sights and can be bought directly at the sites we visit so don't worry about purchasing it in advance.
- Entrance to Maras Salt Mines (S/ 10 per person)
Machu Picchu Tour:
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Ollantaytambo
- you have the option to check for recommended places here
- or head back to Cusco and leave with the van in the morning to Ollantaytambo to catch the train from there
- Sacred Valley Tour: 6:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Machu Picchu Tour: Daily departures
- Bring your original passport for the Machu Picchu tour.
- Bring a raincape and adequate clothes according to the weather
- Use sunscreen, repellent, sunglasses and a hat
- Don't forget your camera and binoculars
- Bring sufficient water and some extra money
- Use only hand luggage for your tour to Machu Picchu, as the maximum weight allowed is 5 kg (you can store your luggage at your hotel in Cusco)
Terms of Reservation:
- For private tours of Machu Picchu minimum 1 week before. The earlier you book, the better the train times we can organize for you.
- For group tours of Machu Picchu minimum 1 month before.
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancellation:
- There won’t be any refunds for the Machu Picchu tour as we proceed with the purchase of the entrance tickets, the train tickets etc. as soon as you have made your reservation.
- For the Sacred Valley tour:
- If you cancel up to 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 days before the start of the tour, you'll receive a 40% refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the tour, there won't be any refunds.
- Going to Machu Picchu Mountain staying the previous night in:
- Cusco: You'll first hike Machu Picchu Mountain and do the guided Machu Picchu tour afterwards. Your guide will await you at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. As the hike to Machu Picchu Mountain is exhaustive, you may feel tired afterwards and won’t enjoy your Machu Picchu tour that much. That’s why we recommend staying in Aguas Calientes the night before if you want to do the Machu Picchu Mountain hike. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu town): You'll first do the Machu Picchu tour and then hike Machu Picchu Mountain. Your guide will drop you off at the entrance to Machu Picchu mountain. From this point on, an official guide provided by the government (private tours are not available) will be with you. You will stay around 30 minutes at the top to enjoy the views.
- The seats in the train are chosen by the train company itself; there is no possibility to influence your seat from our side.
- In the case of flight delays, inconveniences with the train schedule or bad weather (rain, landslides, etc.) we do not assume any responsibility, but your travel insurance most likely will offer coverage for these cases. This also holds for the airport pickup. The driver arrives 5 minutes after your arrival and waits up to 25 minutes outside on the parking lot when leaving the building (with a sign and your name on it). In case of any delays, you’ll have to get to your hotel on your own as the driver has to continue with his work. For any refund on this service, please claim it with your airline.
- Changes or upgrades are subject to 1.) availability and 2.) an extra charge as stated in our Terms and conditions.
- Toilets are available in Pisac, the salt mines of Maras, Moray, at the restaurant in Urubamba and in Ollantaytambo.