City: Lima, Coast // Activities: City tour //
One of the best tourist attractions is to actually see the "real lima", not just Miraflores or San Isidro. With this walking tour, you will get the opportunity to see how the majority of Lima’s population lives. Take a walk up the famous yellow stairs and along narrow, beautiful streets all the way up to the top of the hill and discover the impressive city view of Villa El Salvador, one of Lima’s largest districts. During the tour, you will also visit a local kindergarten, a silverware factory and the friendly families from the beautiful community. The city's huge dimensions and breathtaking views are impressive for any visitor.
Upon arrival, you will be told about security precautions and some basic guidelines to follow while on the tour. 'Shanty towns' do have a reputation but the tour operator wants you to feel 100% safe at all times.
While you slowly make your way to the base of the hill, the guide will explain a little about the community and its development, the urbanization projects, politics, and religion. Gradually, you will begin your journey climbing up the ‘yellow stairs’. You can stop to take some pictures of the amazing view of greater Lima. Catch a glimpse into some houses and get in contact with neighbors and families you meet during this local life experience.
Experience to smile of the children and hard-working families of Lima. You will meet a local craftsman who produces beautiful hand-made silverware. You can buy his silverware to support the local community.
On your way down the hill, you will visit a local kindergarten (it is not open on weekends, but you might meet some of the children playing on the streets), where you have the opportunity to take part of the local activities, such as volleyball or football, with the local children.
- Local market, Shanty Town walking tour, panoramic views and much more
- Private transport included (only if the departure is in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro or the Center of Lima)
- Professional guide in spanish and english
- Tickets for the activities
- 3.5 hours
- Departures: 9:00 am and 2:00 pm (Monday to Sunday)
- Bring only small cameras
- Wear colored clothes (the members of the community interpret that as friendly and welcoming, whereas dark colors are seen as bad luck)
- Do not bring any kind of bags
Terms of Reservation:
- Minimum 2 days before
- Minimum 2 people
Terms of Cancelation:
- 100% refund for cancellations up to 2 days before the date of the experience
- There is no refund for cancellations less than 2 days before the date of the experience
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup from- and drop-off at your hotel (only if the departure is in Miraflores, Barranco, San Isidro o Centro de Lima)
- This is a private class, which never includes more than 6 people.
- The cost is 50% more during holidays on the following dates: 1.01, 1.05, 25.12
- The experience will not be available on the following dates: 22.02, 19.03, 22.03, 23.03, 24.03, 25.03, 28.07, 29.07, 28.08, 29.08, 24.12 & 25.12 (both not available in the afternoon)