City: Lima, Coast // Activities: Sandboarding, Off-road jeep tour in the dunes of Lima//
Sandboarding in Peru is a very special and adrenaline-rich adventure sport. With this half-day tour, you will enjoy sandboarding in Lima and a tour in a professional off-road jeep through its dunes. The most popular option to do sandboarding in Peru is Huacachina, but as it is rather far from Lima this is the perfect alternative. Fasten your seatbelt as you enter the dunes because driving through them feels like a rollercoaster ride. At some point, you will stop to get the sandboards out and after a quick instruction by your guide, you're good to go. You can stand, lay down or slide, whatever you prefer. On the way back to Lima, there will be a brief stop in San Bartolo to enjoy the beautiful beaches and the sea for a while.
|This Experience||In Ica or Paracas|
|Distance from Lima||40 minutes||3-4 hours|
|Vehicle for Dunes||Jeep 4x4||Buggy|
|Times of Sandboarding||6-9x||2-3x|
|Place||Probably just you||With various groups|
After you have been picked up in Lima, you will drive south until reaching Chilca. As it is an adventure activity and there are certain risks to consider, you will receive a disclaimer to read and sign. The first stop will be at a rustic bakery where you can buy delicious bread prepared freshly in a stone oven (optional but highly recommended). Afterwards, you will enter the desert and the dune expedition in an off-road jeep will start. After you have gotten to know the dunes a bit, you will stop to do sandboarding. The professional sandboarding instructor will teach you some basics on a small dune. Once you are ready, you will sandboard on some larger dunes. On the way back, you will stop in San Bartolo to get to know Lima's beaches and its sea (optional). In Lima, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Off-road tour with Toyota Landcruiser, Fortune or Hilux
- Sandboarding equipment and helmets
- Transport from Hotel Lima - Chilca - Hotel Lima (more details below)
- Optional beach visit after the sandboarding tour or one more time of Sandboarding
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages on the tour
- Professional, bilingual driver and professional sandboarding instructor
- Lunch or dinner
- 2 daily departures from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm or from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Half day
- Use sunscreen
- Bring your sunglasses and your camera for the sandboarding tour
- Bring a bottle of water and some cash to buy fresh bread during the first stop you'll make on the way to Chilca (optional)
- If you want to go swimming in the ocean afterwards, please bring a towel and a swimsuit
Terms of Reservation:
- If you want to book for 3 people or more please use the discount code "3PSB" during checkout and you'll get $10 off per person.
- Minimum 2 people
- At least 12 hours before
- Minimum age: 6 years old
Terms of Cancellation:
- No refunds 24 hours before the date of service.
- 40% will be refunded 48 hours before the date of service.
- 100% will be refunded 72 or more hours before the date of service.
- It can be rescheduled from 48 hours before the date of service.
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup and drop-off from hotel in Miraflores or San Isidro included (other districts increase the price by $3-6 per traveler you pay in cash on the same day)
- Pickup from the airport is $30 in total
Exploor's Exclusive tours combine unique experiences with great deals and are not available on other 3rd-party online seller websites.
Information about the Local Guide:
We only select the best local guides whose services comply with our security standards, good equipment and a fair price for every destination.