City: Colca (Arequipa), Mountains // Activities: Trekking, swim in thermal baths, bird watching //
The Colca Canyon tour features one of the most popular tourist attractions of Arequipa and all of Peru: the Colca Canyon. If you like trekking, this tour is for you! Get ready for a two-day trekking tour deep down in the Colca Canyon, where you will enjoy the fantastic natural viewpoints with beautiful landscapes. Arriving at the bungalows, you will be able to enjoy the thermal pool or just relax for a while. A very popular option is to combine this tour with a zipline experience in the Colca Canyon, this allows you to add some extra adrenaline while getting stunning views of the canyon.
DAY 1: CONDOR VIEWPOINT + COLCA CANYON TREKKING TOUR
Arequipa - Chivay - Condor Cross - San Juan Oasis Sangalle
At 3:00 am you will be picked up from your hotel in Arequipa and walk with the guide to the Plaza de Armas to meet up with the entire group. Then, you will head towards the Colca Canyon with a stop in Chivay where the breakfast will be served. Afterwards, you will depart to the Condor’s Cross to observe the majestic condors’ flight and then to the district of Cabanaconde, where you will rest. At 10:00 am, the hike will start heading down the deep Colca Canyon’s for around 3 hours. On the way down, you will descend a steady path with zigzag curves. Finally, you will arrive at San Juan de Chuccho, a beautiful little paradise. Once you arrive, lunch will be served and then the trek will continue for three more hours inside the canyon, visiting other small villages. After a while, you will arrive at the Sangalle oasis with the entire afternoon to enjoy the swimming pools, rivers and lots of nature. You end this day with a dinner by the campfire(depending on the availability and weather conditions) and an overnight stay in bungalows of rustic material (no electricity or charger in the rooms - only charger is in the livingroom).
DAY 2: TREKKING TO CABANACONDE + VIEWPOINTS + THERMAL BATHS
Oasis - Cabanaconde - Chivay - Arequipa
On the second day, you will start hiking for around 3 hours at 5:00 am towards the town of Cabanaconde. Upon arrival, breakfast will be served and you will start the return to Chivay. On the way, towns such as Pinchollo, Maca, and various touristic viewpoints will be visited (short stops of 5-15 minutes). Then you will be able to enjoy the thermal baths, pools of 30 to 35 degrees, for about 40 minutes. Afterwards, lunch will be served in the city of Chivay and you will return to the city of Arequipa approx. at 5:30 pm.
- Official bilingual guide during the Colca Canyon tour
- Shared tourist transportation (up to 25-30 travelers)
- A bungalow inside the canyon
- 1 night in Bungalows (with shared bathroom and bedroom/ or private bed- and bathroom)
- 2 breakfasts (bread, eggs, marmalade, juice), 1 lunch (touristic menu) and 1 dinner
- Last lunch at Chivay (last day)
- Entry to Colca (S/ 20 for Peruvians, S/ 70 for foreigners, S/ 40 for Latin tourists)
- Entry to the thermal baths (S/ 15, optional) - you have the option to either visit the thermal baths or to do the zipline, but you cannot do both.
- 40 soles (both ways) for the taxi to enjoy the Zipline experience while the others go to the thermal baths (the guide will help you organize a taxi for both ways).
- Donkeys during the trekking tour (S/ 100 p. person per hike - optional)
- 2 days and 1 night
- You are able to manage hikes of 6+ hours in the mountains (otherwise you'll suffer the altitude and the difficulty of this hike)
- Bring water and snacks
- Use hiking shoes and a 25 or 30-liter backpack
- Take sunscreen, bug repellent and flashlights with you
- Pack a swimsuit and a towel
- Bring toilet paper
Terms of Reservation:
- For the shared accommodation please make the booking minimum 1 day before
- For the private accommodation please make the booking minimum 2 days before
- Minimum age if you travel alone: 18 years
Terms of Cancellation:
- Cancellations and refunds of 100% are valid as long as they are 5 days in advance
- Cancellations and refunds of 50% are valid as long as they are 3 days in advance
- Postponements possible 2 days in advance
Pickup / Drop-off:
- Pickup by your guide from the hotel (if your hotel is in the city center) and walk to the Plaza de Armas to meet up with other travelers who stay outside of the city center and have to come here on their own
- Drop-off at Plaza de Armas